1. Relive the first date. Take your anniversary as an opportunity to bring back the butterflies that fluttered in your belly the first time you got together. Remember how exciting falling in love was? Let’s relive that again.
2. Celebrate with the ones who play a part in your relationship. Send flowers or a box of chocolates to the one who set you two up and tell them how grateful you are for setting you up in the first place. Or why don’t you invite them over for dinner?
3. Write a love letter for the future. Write a love letter to each other, keep it in a safe place and ask your partner to open and read it on your next anniversary.
4. Turn your gadgets off and get turned on. Spend an evening with no technology, just the two of you. Let your iPod play some music to bring out the mood, but that’s it. Enjoy each other's company and get intimate!
5. Go on a date to the amusement park. Laugh out loud, goof around and be restless like a couple of teenagers.
6. Watch your wedding video. … and/or look through your wedding pictures. It's a great opportunity to remember that special day. Dust off those DVDs and photo albums, you can now make fun of those horrible wedding-playlist-gone-wrong.
7. Upgrade your rings. Love does get better as the years roll by. Celebrate your 'upgraded' love with upgrading your rings. Get new ones or modify the original.
8. Do something new and extreme together. Have you tried extreme sports with your partner? Did you know that the sky-rocketing endorphin that you'll get from doing such extreme sports, plus the novelty will boost your libidos! So, what will you do first? From sky diving, bungee jumping, to mountain climbing, and white water rafting, just make sure you hire a licensed and experienced provider.
9. Visit a place for the first time. What’s a great way to celebrate your marriage journey than to experience an actual journey that you’ve never been on before? Go on, book that ticket, explore and share a new experience together. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
10. What's pre-wedding photo shoot? Get post-wedding photo shoot! If you missed the chance, or if you just like those who didn't do such trend, an anniversary is a great excuse to get dressed up and take pictures. You can even do it while you’re traveling to a new place. Let SweetEscape capture your moments.
So, what's your idea for this year's anniversary celebration? Whatever you’re going to do, make it a memorable experience that you will cherish for many years to come. Freeze the moments, book a session with SweetEscape.
Food scene in Sydney is beyond words. There are tons of place you should go to get a taste of the city. Figuring out what and where to eat can at times be challenging. But we couldn’t be more thrilled to share with you a recommendation from one of Jakarta’s most influential food blogger, Hans Danial, who blogs at EatsAndTreats. He’s pulled together a list of his top restaurant/café recommendation in “the Harbour City”. Read on to learn about them.
181 Enmore Rd, Enmore NSW 2042, Australia The family-run gelato and coffee bar won the best gelato in the world! The place has many adventurous flavors, from miso ginger to coconut mango, it’s going to be a hard for you to decide which flavor to choose. Affogato and pistachio are Hans’ favorite from the place he claimed his most favorite gelato in Sydney.
9, 37 Ultimo Rd, Haymarket NSW 2000, Australia A famous Thai street food and noodle bar, serving their best-selling noodle soup, which is extremely hot and absolutely delicious. Try Moo ping skewers aka pork neck skewers, they’re charred to perfection, super tasty and great texture. For Hans, visiting Do Dee Paidang is a mandatory, especially when all he needed was a delicious Asian fare.
547 Bourke St, Surry Hills NSW 2010, Australia It’s the coffee place you must pay homage to if you’re a coffee aficionado. Everything’s expertly crafted. His favorite is definitely the soy cap. It has the perfect taste, creamy texture, simply one of the best.
7A, 2 Huntley St, Alexandria NSW 2015, Australia This place is known for its homestyle food and specialty coffee in a former pie factory with brick walls and an organic garden. The Grounds is gorgeous, for sure, and always packed. Make sure you come early (and hungry!) for their signature dishes like Berry Hotcakes, which, according to Hans, he had so many of them during his days in Sydney because they’re that good!
68 Sir John Young Cres, Woolloomooloo NSW 2011, Australia A small cafe that combines sweets and flowers, Petal Met Sugar creates too-pretty-to-eat delicious dessert. Everything here is so Instagrammable. Just look how pretty their Terrarium with lupicia jasmine tea panacotta, yuzu gel, strawberry crisps, chocolate soil, edible flowers and lemon balm.
SweetEscape is online platform that connects you with local photographers around the world. Our mission is to capture your life precious moments, anywhere in the world. SweetEscape is available in over 400 cities around the world. Book today and get up to 50% off for your summer holiday session!